2015-2017 School Year
It is important that families and schools work together to help students achieve high academic standards. Through a process that included teachers, families, students, and community representatives, the following are agreed upon roles and responsibilities that we as partners will carry out to support student success in school.
Rosita Elementary and the parents agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State’s high standards.
We, the school staff, will provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a safe and bully-free environment.
We understand the importance of ongoing communication and partnership between the school and parents through, at a minimum:
- Back to School Night-explanation of expectations, instructional goals, and grading systems
- Annual conferences/ Student Progress Reports
- Continual communication through the possible use of planners, contracts, notes home, phone calls, attendance reports, and school websites.
- Provide opportunities to volunteer, participate in, and observe the educational program.
- Provide assistance to families on methods or programs they can use to support their children’s learning.
- Staff will participate in professional development to continually improve teaching
- Through weekly collaboration the staff will ensure that they are addressing the needs of all students
- Assign daily homework that reinforces standards and skills taught in school. Students will be held accountable for the assignments.
- Encompass each student’s unique learning ability and address ways they can contribute to society, and encourage them to take advantage of the opportunities that college will offer them.
- Provide a safe and bully-free environment for students.
We, as parents, will support our child’s learning and agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of our abilities:
- Ensure that my child attends school every day, gets adequate sleep, regular medical attention, and proper nutrition.
- Make sure the homework is completed.
- Monitor and limit the amount of television and video games my child does and promote positive use of extracurricular time.
- Stay informed about my child’s education and communicate with the school by promptly reading all notices from the school or the district, either received by my child or by mail, and responding, as appropriate.
- Serve, to the extent possible, on advisory groups such as the School Site Council, the English Learner Advisory Committee, and other committees active at the school site and the district level.
- Use instructional materials the school sends home each week to help my child.
- Read to and/or with my child 30 minutes a day.
- Help my child see how to use education to pursue his/her interests and goals.
- Provide a quiet time and place for homework.
- Communicate with the teacher or the school when I have a concern.
- Communicate the importance of education and learning to my child.
- Support the school’s discipline and dress code.
- Make every effort to attend and participate in school events, such as parent-teacher conferences, AVID parent meetings, Open House, and Back-To-School Night, and counselor meetings.
- Discuss and emphasize post-secondary options such as the college experience.
- Encourage my child to attend before or after school tutoring when available and/or see his/her teachers for extra help.
- Contact the attendance office to report absences and check on attendance.
- Set high expectations for my child, including plans for college.
- Know my child’s academic strengths and needs and support my child in meeting the district goals.
- Know my child’s grade level, teacher name, and classroom number.
- Monitor and maintain regular communication about academic progress and ensure communication from the teacher and school is read and (if required) signed and returned promptly.
- Encourage and maintain positive attitudes towards school and support the school discipline plan.
I, as a student, will take responsibility for my learning and agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of my ability:
- Do my homework every day and ask for help when I need assistance.
- Read at least 30 minutes every day outside of school time.
- Give my parents or the adult who is responsible for my welfare all notices and information received by me from my school every day.
- Read on my own and with my family every day.
- Work on my academic skills at home, using the materials, such as notes, my teacher provides.
- Write down assignments, do my homework every day, and turn it in when it’s due.
- Come to school on time, prepared to learn, and putting in my best effort with a positive attitude.
- Know and follow school and classroom rules.
- Limit my TV watching, computer/internet time, and video game playing time.
- Follow the school’s dress code.
- Regularly talk to my parents and my teachers about my progress in school.
- In class, pay attention, listen, follow directions, and participate actively.
- Attend before and/or after school tutoring when available and/or see my teachers for extra help.
- Don’t bully or allow other students to be bullied.
- Follow the school discipline plan.
- Will not bring personal items that are not school related.
- Demonstrate respect for myself and others (adults and students).
English, Spanish, and Vietnamese Download(.xlsx)